Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (18): This Is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating!

Title: This Is What Happy Looks Like
Author: Jennifer E. Smith
Publisher: Poppy
Release Date: April 2, 2013
If fate sent you an email, would you answer?

When teenage movie star Graham Larkin accidentally sends small town girl Ellie O'Neill an email about his pet pig, the two seventeen-year-olds strike up a witty and unforgettable correspondence, discussing everything under the sun, except for their names or backgrounds.

Then Graham finds out that Ellie's Maine hometown is the perfect location for his latest film, and he decides to take their relationship from online to in-person. But can a star as famous as Graham really start a relationship with an ordinary girl like Ellie? And why does Ellie want to avoid the media's spotlight at all costs?
Add to Goodreads
Jennifer E. Smith's previous novel, The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, completely blew me away. I mean, I love the cheesy title, plus the way the romance was orchestrated. As well, it's probably one of the only times when insta-love is acceptable. Because of that, I obviously need to read This Is What Happy Looks Like. I can't wait to see what it has in store for us!

Also, the covers. I know the two books are completely unrelated to one another, but will you just look at that? I love the black-and-white photo thing, and how it adds some splashes of bright colour in the title and around the image, making it instantly recognizable as Jennifer E. Smith's works. It's like how Sarah Dessen has a bunch of standalones that somehow look like they have a relationship to one another.

What are you waiting on this week? Link me up!
Thank you so much for wanting to leave a comment! I read every single one of them, and respond to most of them!

I'm honoured that anyone would want to nominate me for an award, but I just don't have time for that anymore. This blog is award and tag free.