Saturday, March 09, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (11)

Stacking the Shelves at Lust For Stories
Stacking The Shelves, hosted by Tynga's Reviews, is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
For the week of March 3 ~ March 9

I'm drained. Totally drained. I also have to apologize for this extremely late post. So, this Thursday and Friday I was quite far from my home at the Okanagan Concert Band Festival with my fellow bandmates. To say the least, we did extremely well according to our adjudicators. And I also gained weight from not having proper meals. But that's totally besides the point.

Anyways, Kelly at Radiant Shadows, one of my fave blogs, recently wrote about whether or not mid-series novellas were needed at all in a very interesting discussion post. As well, she also wrote another post about why she feels a certain way about love triangles, and possibly why us readers have an aversion to them.

And a few of my giveaways are ending soon! Enter now before it's too late!

A quick recap of this week's posts . . . (BTW, I love your comments and feedback!)


The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

So, I found a really neat little bookstore called Pages Bookstore while getting to the destination of the band festival tucked away in a little town of Hope. It's a really cozy bookstore of donated books from the community. After I got back home, I looked them up, and apparently it's a non-profit bookstore staffed by volunteers, and the proceeds go straight to literacy programs or their drop-in centre for those in need. Fantastic isn't it?

But that's not it. Their prices are amazing. I have no idea if this was just a sale or something, but when I was there, everything was $2. Everything. Meaning I got the Millennium Trilogy, two of them in hardcover, for six bucks, total.

So if you ever get the chance to drop by Hope, British Columbia, or are ever in the general area in need of a good book, I strongly suggest that you check out Pages Bookstore. They have friendly staff, a welcoming atmosphere, and books of just about every genre you can think of.
Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder

Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder (Thank you to the amazing Amelia at The Authoress!)

You cannot believe how much I love Maria Snyder and her works. And to somehow win a first edition copy from one of my best bloggy friends? Can't imagine anything better!
Between by Cyndi Tefft The Blessed by Tonya Hurley City of a Thousand Dolls by Miriam Forster Gilt by Katherine Longshore The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey Stolen Nights by Rebecca Maizel Team Human by Justine Larbalestier and Sarah Rees Brennan

Between by Cyndi Tefft
The Blessed by Tonya Hurley
City of a Thousand Dolls by Miriam Forster
Gilt by Katherine Longshore
The Monstrumologist by Rick Yancey
Stolen Nights by Rebecca Maizel
Team Human by Justine Larbalestier and Sarah Rees Brennan


How did your week go? What did you get? Tell me in the comments or link me up!
Thank you so much for wanting to leave a comment! I read every single one of them, and respond to most of them!

I'm honoured that anyone would want to nominate me for an award, but I just don't have time for that anymore. This blog is award and tag free.