Saturday, March 02, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (10)

Stacking the Shelves @ Lust For Stories
Stacking The Shelves, hosted by Tynga's Reviews, is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
For the week of February 24 ~ March 2

My. God. Busiest week ever. So many blog tours, and a band concert on Thursday. I can barely keep up! *sigh* Luckily, my school workload isn't as heavy as last week's was, so I'm relatively okay school-wise.

For the coming week, I'll be on tour for two days! Woot woot!

A quick recap of this week's posts . . . (BTW, I love your comments and feedback!)


Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst Shards and Ashes edited by Melissa Marr and Kelley Armstrong Fracture by Megan Miranda
Drink, Slay, Love by Sarah Beth Durst
Shards and Ashes edited by Melissa Marr and Kelley Armstrong
Fracture by Megan Miranda

I went on a spree with the money I earned by tutoring and got three books, all paperback, at Black Bond Books, which you should totally go to if you live in the Vancouver area. (I love hardcovers, but they can get pricey.)

The first one I stuck on my to-buy pile was Drink, Slay, Love. I read it last year, and really loved it, so it was an easy book to stick onto the pile, but I still had to check to see if it still had its the same appeal I liked about it. Hence, I flipped to a random page and found the best quote ever, which had me sold.
He sounded genuinely concerned, and for the barest of seconds, Pearl was flustered. Why on earth should this random boy care? Because he thinks you're human, she answered herself. "I can take care of myself," she said as she opened the car door.

"Of course you can," he said. That's why you were walking down the center of the street at dawn in hooker wear."

Pearl felt her eyes bug. "I am not wearing hooker clothes." She surveyed herself: black leather corset top, lace skirt, knee high boots. "It's Goth."

"Sure it is."

"And it's ironic."

"The Titanic labeled 'unsinkable' is ironic. Your skirt is just short."

"I happen to know I have nice legs."

"All the world happens to know you have nice legs."
How's that for irresistible? Of course I had to get it.

Next was Shards and Ashes. As I said in one of my previous WoWs, I was really looking forward to reading it, so I needed to pick it right up!

Last but not least is Fracture by Megan Miranda. It was one of my Best of 2012 picks and blew me away. How could I resist such a wonderful book?

Timekeeper by Alexandra Monir Grasping at Eternity by Karen Amanda Hooper
The Archived by Victoria Schwab Spellcaster by Claudia Gray

Timekeeper by Alexandra Monir (Thank you to Momo at Books Over Boys!)
Grasping at Eternity by Karen Amanda Hooper (Thank you to Jean at Jean BookNerd!)
ARC + swag (bookmark, postcard, sticker, tote bag) of The Archived by Victoria Schwab (Thank you to Jenna at Making the Grade!)
ARC of Spellcaster by Claudia Gray (Thank you to the lovely ladies at at Pitch Dark!)

I'm looking forward to reading all these books, especially The Archived! Victoria Schwab's debut, The Near Witch, was also part of my Best of 2012 picks, making her part of my auto-buy list. In fact, I was at the bookstore trying to hunt down The Near Witch when I went on the book spree.
Cursed by Jennifer L. Armentrout The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd
Oblivion by Anthony Horowitz Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor

Cursed by Jennifer L. Armentrout
The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd
Oblivion by Anthony Horowitz
Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor


How did your week go? What did you get? Tell me in the comments or link me up!
Thank you so much for wanting to leave a comment! I read every single one of them, and respond to most of them!

I'm honoured that anyone would want to nominate me for an award, but I just don't have time for that anymore. This blog is award and tag free.