Saturday, February 09, 2013

Stacking the Shelves (7)

Stacking the Shelves @ Lust For Stories
Stacking The Shelves, hosted by Tynga's Reviews, is all about sharing the books you are adding to your shelves, may it be physical or virtual. This means you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!
For the week of February 3 ~ February 9

I don't usually put a ton of personal life into blog posts, but I've got something I'm super passionate about to share with all my readers. So here it goes . . .

I'm so very tired . . . Yesterday, I was at the Envision Jazz Festival.

This is how my day basically looked like: (It's long, but bear with me and how ecstatic I am about this thing.)
6:00AM Get up. You've got a festival to go to.
6:45AM At school. Meet with friends in the band room. Get a quick rundown of things to remember from our band director.
7:00AM Get on bus, go to Bell Centre (where we perform).
8:00AM Watch the Grade 9 Combo perform.
9:40AM Watch the Grade 10 Combo perform. (They're amazing.)
11:10AM Listen to the Grade 8 Jazz Band. (I sometimes joke that they're more like a mini concert band, but there're some seriously amazing future musicians in there.)
12:00PM Meet up in the storage room with the rest of Jazz Band 9 to prepare and go to rehearsal before our performance.
12:50PM Go up on stage to perform our three pieces, Mixing It Up, Sambita, and Cantaloupe Island.
Around 1:15PM Get off stage and go upstairs for a clinic with an adjudicator, Jodi Proznick, bass player extraordinaire.
Around 2:15PM Finally get to eat lunch. And in the process, discover that Jazz Band 9 is currently leading on the leaderboard, and just might make it onto showcase in the evening.
2:25PM Watch the Grade 10 Jazz Band blow us out of the water. (Seriously, they were in a teensy little band room, with more people crammed in. It was standing room only.)
3:00PM Grade 9s check the leaderboard furiously to check if we got bumped off or not by the Grade 10s. For an entire hour. (We were.)
Up to 5:00PM Continue listening to some other great bands perform.
6:30PM Gather to wait for the evening performances, featuring a professional group called Jump as well as some very talented high school groups and ensembles, which went all the way to almost 11:00.

Hence, it's a little understandable how I'm still recuperating and got this post up a bit late.

A quick recap of this week's posts . . . (BTW, I love your comments and feedback!)



I didn't get a ton of books this week, but I'm counting it as a blessing. (I love books, but sometimes it could overwhelm me a bit . . .)

Review

Shattered Dreams by Ellie James
Shattered Dreams by Ellie James (From ARCycling)


How did your week go? What did you get? Tell me in the comments or link me up!
Thank you so much for wanting to leave a comment! I read every single one of them, and respond to most of them!

I'm honoured that anyone would want to nominate me for an award, but I just don't have time for that anymore. This blog is award and tag free.