Thursday, August 16, 2012

Booking Through Thursday (5)

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme hosted by Deb at btt2. Every Thursday, a book-related question is posted and fellow bloggers answer them.


What was the most emotional read you've ever had?

Note: This post has a ton of spoilers in it. So many that I didn't even bother with the purple highlighting thingy I usually do. So unless you're like, "Yay, spoilers! I love knowing what comes next," please, oh please, don't read. (Wow, I just asked my readers to not read something. Imagine my shock. O.O)

I really don't want to end up a blubbering mess at X-o'-clock in the morning. But I feel like my eyes. Are. Watering. So, I actually have three. Firstly, Sing Me To Sleep by Angela Morrison. Of course, I thought Derek was an asshole and a sort of bastard for keeping his secrets, and not really letting Beth into his life, using his biggest puppy-face to make everything better. And then came the big slam in my face, which felt like I got hit by an SUV. Derek had cystic fibrosis, and his death was indefinite. And because his hospital stay was so drawn out, I cry every time I read it. Second, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Oh, why did you have to kill Augustus, Mr. Green? 'Nuff said. Lastly, The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. Celia and Marco deserve each other, they really do, but the two of them die. For real. And that's just the most undeserved death anyone has ever had. At least they'd be together on the other side . . .
Thank you so much for wanting to leave a comment! I read every single one of them, and respond to most of them!

I'm honoured that anyone would want to nominate me for an award, but I just don't have time for that anymore. This blog is award and tag free.